Liferay, Inc. was founded in 2004 in response to growing demand for Liferay Portal, the market’s leading independent portal product that was garnering industry acclaim and adoption across the world. Today, Liferay, Inc. houses a professional services group that provides training, consulting and enterprise support services to our clientele in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. It also houses a core development team that steers product development.
Liferay Portal was, in fact, created in 2000 and boasts a rich open source heritage that offers organizations a level of innovation and flexibility unrivaled in the industry. Thanks to a decade of ongoing collaboration with its active and mature open source community, Liferay’s product development is the result of direct input from users with representation from all industries and organizational roles. It is for this reason, that organizations turn to Liferay technology for exceptional user experience, UI, and both technological and business flexibility.
Liferay, Inc. was founded for a purpose greater than revenue and profit growth. Each quarter we donate to a number of worthy causes decided upon by our own employees. In the past we have made financial contributions toward AIDS relief and the Sudan refugee crisis through well-respected organizations such as Samaritan’s Purse and World Vision. This desire to impact the world community is the heart of our company, and ultimately the reason why we exist.
Liferay Portal is an enterprise web platform for building business solutions that deliver immediate results and long-term value.
The Leading Open Source Portal for the Enterprise
- Proven real world performance with marquee clients across industries
- Rapid innovation with customer-contributed sponsored development and new releases every 8 months
- A strong community with roughly 4 million downloads and 350,000-500,000 worldwide deployments
- Guaranteed SLAs up to 24/7/1 with regular service packs and a five-year EOSL policy
- Named a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portals.
An All-in-One Package
Liferay Portal ships with broad product capabilities to provide immediate return on investment:
- Content & Document Management with Microsoft Office® integration
- Web Publishing and Shared Workspaces
- Enterprise Collaboration
- Social Networking and Mash-ups
- Enterprise Portals and Identity Management